High-Tech & Venture Capital
The firm’s clients are active in a wide range of business sectors, which include the internet & mobile, medical device, energy & cleantech, homeland security, IT & software, semiconductor, telecommunications, biotech and biomed industries.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Startups & Mature High-Tech Companies: Company establishment and preparation, from the first day of inception, for future sale or investment transactions.
- Drafting of Preliminary Agreements: Founders’ agreements, pre-seed financing agreements, IP assignment agreements and NDAs.
- Consultation regarding business models and the appropriate legal and tax structures and agreements required to help bring them to fruition.
- Intellectual Property: Intellectual property protection strategy and planning, in accordance with start-up budget considerations.
- Human Resources and Compensation Programs: Cash and equity incentive programs, employee contracts and employment policy.
- Financing & Investments: Private equity investments, venture capital transactions, debt financing, government funding; Legal counsel to companies throughout funding cycles, including preparation for due diligence, term sheet negotiations, preparation of investment documents and agreement closing.
- Technology Transactions: Licensing, technology development, OEM agreements, joint ventures, strategic alliances, turn-key projects, end-user license agreements, evaluation agreements, VAR agreements and SLA policies.
- Commercial Agreements: Distribution agreements, franchise agreements, reseller and dealer agreements, RFPs, supplier agreements, marketing agreements, agent contracts.
- Internet Policy: Terms and conditions, privacy policies, content and copyright issues, click-through agreements and online sales.
- Open Source Code: Consultation regarding to policy and proper use.
- Private Investors and Venture Capital Funds:
- Representation of private investors and VC funds: due diligence reviews, investment negotiations and legal consultation regarding portfolio companies.
- Establishment of VC funds and partnerships; ongoing legal consultation.
The team’s commercial law expertise benefits a wide range of companies operating in the global high-tech industry. In addition to their legal proficiency, the firm’s attorneys are qualified academically in computer science, business administration and other key disciplines, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.